Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"I Stand"


When you ask me, who I am:What is my vision? And do I have a plan?Where is my strength? Have I nothing to say?I hear the words in my head, but I push them away.

'Cause I stand for the power to change,I live for the perfect day.I love till it hurts like crazy,I hope for a hero to save me.I stand for the strange and lonely,I believe there's a better place.I don't know if the sky is heaven,But I pray anyway.

And I don't knowWhat tomorrow bringsThe road less traveled Will it set us free?Cause we are taking it slow,These tiny legacies.I don't try and change the world;But what will you make of me?

'Cause I stand for the power to change,I live for the perfect day.I love till it hurts like crazy,I hope for a hero to save me.I stand for the strange and lonely,I believe there's a better place.I don't know if the sky is heaven,But I pray anyway.

With the slightest of breezesWe fall just like leavesAs the rain washes us from the groundWe forget who we areWe can't see in the darkAnd we quickly get lost in the crowd

'Cause I stand for the power to change,I live for the perfect day.I love till it hurts like crazy,I hope for a hero to save me.

'Cause I stand for the power to change,I live for the perfect day.I love till it hurts like crazy,I hope for a hero to save me.I stand for the strange and lonely,I believe there's a better place.I don't know if the sky is heaven,But I pray anyway.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Mo ... this is beautiful ... what is it the lyrics from?? A hymm, country song?? Thanks for sharing ... you could even put the title in the title of your post. Love ya ... Nanna

morgan said...

Nanna it is a song my Idina Menzel. She stared in the Broadway Wicked. The one i went to see with the band in cleveland and fell in love with. She has a whole album and this is one of her singles. its called "I Stand".

Followers