Tuesday, May 19, 2009

B.R.A.K.E.S.

I have found a new passion. It's called B.R.A.K.E.S. it stands for be responsible and keep people safe. i joined the team and couldn't be any happier. It was started by an NHRA driver named Doug Herbert after his two sons were killed in a single car crash. i am now apart of the team and my goal and roll of being a member is to help turn teens and adults alike into better safer drivers. I want to make it so very clear how quickly a life can change for ever. I hate reading the paper almost everyday and there is a new car crash that either involved serious injuries or fatalities. And the even worse part is SO MANY of them involve deaths of multiple people young old new drivers and experienced. i have had to go to one good friend funeral and i don't want to do it anytime soon again. I don't want this to be the image left in one of my best friends mind after they were driving "COOL" and crash the car killing everybody else in the car.
This picture of Jon and James Herbert's funeral is so sad. I just hope that being apart of this team i can help prevent this from happening so frequently. Anybody can join the team.
Any body who wants to send me a post and i will help you to join in the challenge to same people, young AND old, lives.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Way to go kiddo! We lead by example and your setting a pretty doggone good example!!

Dr M said...

Some are meant to follow...some are destined to lead. You never stop amazing me by your leadership!!! GOD is and will do wonderful things through you!!!

Darlene said...

I agree with Mom .. what a wonderful thing you are wanting to do! ANY little thing can sometimes make a world of difference. If you go into this with only wanting to set the example of being a safe driver to others, somewhere along the line ... someone will "get it" and follow your lead!
Just so you know, when your Mom was about your age, she joined a group at school who were against teenagers getting involved in drugs & alcohol and she has applied that theory to her life to this very day! (I have always been proud of her for sticking to her guns on this issue) Now it is your turn to show by example what is near & dear to your heart! I am very proud of you for taking this stand!!!!

Followers